Though there are present many tools that aid in internal communications not all of them become successful in bringing forward the desired results. Some common tools that most internal communicators use are the following:
- Email – The majority of the workers utilize or check their emails every day and so, it has become a tool that people regularly use. When you use email then you will be able to reap huge benefits. But you can make internal communications on various chat platforms and in this context, email is not the only choice left to you.
- Video – You can use video for organization-wide meetings. Videos help capture the words of speakers intimately and they work better in comparison to written words or audio. Videos are also capable of taking complicated messages before delivering them in a digestible and comprehensive manner.
- Social media – Social media is considered one of the highly effective internal communication tools. Postings on social media work similar to a broad sweep all across Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Social media is highly effective in forming a brand and it is dependent on userbase and whether or not your workers tend to be active on different platforms.
This can turn into people’s unreliable medium too and so, at times people do not rely on it. For your external and internal communications, you can make social media your accessory and never a vital communication tool.
Reasons behind making the platform of internal communication vital
- Streamlining – Communications and information can habitually get lost in the middle of several company platforms. When you implement a platform of single integrated workflow then it will allow your business to streamline the detached functionalities of several channels. It lessens the requirement to jump from platforms to platforms. A user can spend lesser time logging in, looking for various interfaces.
An IC platform also proposes people the chance to segment users and propose content which is personalized for every user need. When you streamline workflows via platform then it will save you money and time. Additionally, it will empower your employees to do their tasks more efficiently.
- Augmented operational efficiency – A few intranets do claim to be highly mobile friendly but they emerge as unreliable and slow. So, when you integrate an IC platform then you will be able to offer your employees the convenience of accessing information of the company from anywhere and anytime. When you agree to implement the platform of internal communication, then you can assure that your employees happen to be updated and have relevant information. Additionally, you can ensure that they possess the important information and documents and they know about the tasks that lie ahead.
- Augmented security – Shielding confidential business information and intellectual property remain the topmost priority of every person before he implements a remarkable workflow platform. You can implement some features, like permissions and conditional access on every internal communications platform.
Before you implement a platform of internal communication or use internal communication tools, you must remember that your employees might require training and you need to keep their information secure.