Guide to Improving Performance and Lifespan of Solar Lights
If you wish to enjoy renewable energy sources, the easiest way to do it is with solar panels and lights. You probably know that panels can easily convert energy into electricity, while lighting is both an environment-friendly and safe option nowadays.
Even on cloudy or bright days, you can place the panel to store and collect energy, and then you can use the light at night. However, if you wish to get the most of them, you should know how to maintain them properly and use them.
By checking here, you will learn more about different options you can get.
This particular article will help you improve the performance and lifespan of solar lights in your backyard.
How Long Does It Last?
Generally, you can use solar lights for up to twenty-five years with proper maintenance and cleaning. Of course, batteries will go down first because they will decay after prolonged use.
They can last up to four years, with regular ones, while with LED, they can last up to ten years.
When they stop working correctly, you will notice the lack of brightness as beforehand. It is a clear indication that you should fix or change something.
Other factors can affect their lifespan, including installation, regular cleaning, and other things we will mention in the further article.
Tips for Maintaining and Using Solar Lights
If you wish to implement solar illumination outside, you may notice some problems after a while. The issues include low performance, dead batteries, failures, and poor absorption.
If you notice issues, you should check the batteries and clean the panels to see whether you can solve a problem with ease.
On the other hand, you can buy a new one to prevent further problems. Of course, that could lead to frequent changes, which will take money out of your pockets.
Therefore, proper maintenance and usage can reduce failure issues, which is something you should remember.
1. Place Them on Right Sport
If you wish to charge your panels fully, we recommend you think ahead of where you should place them. Generally, they should be in direct sun for at least six to eight hours daily.
Besides, you should avoid installing them next to obstacles, including rooftops, walls, and trees, affecting the overall output throughout the sunny days.
Another important consideration is to avoid placing them next to other light sources because it can affect sensors and cause severe problems.
Remember, you should tilt panels to angle and adjust them based on sun rays and preferences. The panels should face south to ensure maximal use of the sun.
Simultaneously, it would be best if you did not place solar lights next to other fixtures such as pendant lamps and wall lamp to prevent damage due to harsh weather conditions.
2. Charge and Replace Batteries Frequently
People think that solar lights are usable right from the box, which is not the case. The truth is you should avoid using them as soon as you get them.
If you expose them directly to the sun without adequately charging the battery, you will cause significant havoc and potential problem.
Therefore, you should let the battery fully charge to ensure its efficiency and long hours of illumination.
The best way to ensure solar lights’ performance and lifespan are to check out batteries regularly. The main idea is to check out discharging and charging moments and track the usage.
If you have interchangeable batteries, we recommend you change them frequently to ensure their longer lifespan.
3. Clean the Panel
Regular cleaning is essential, especially if you wish to ensure overall durability. The solar lights work during nights because the panels will receive enough energy during day time.
However, since you use them outdoors, they will be exposed to other things, including dirt, bugs, leaves, and dust. When they cover with dirt, they will immediately lose efficiency, which means that you won’t get enough illumination you wanted in the first place.
The best way to clean them is by using warm soapy water and dry cloth to clean the panels’ surface at least weekly.
4. Turn Them Off During Rainy Days
Another important consideration is to turn them off during rainy days, which will help you increase the lifespan of batteries and their performance altogether. Keep in mind that most solar lights are weather-resistant and designed for outdoor use.
However, solid rainstorms and winds can create significant havoc. We recommend you store them inside during harsh weather conditions to use them longer than expected.
Benefits of Street Solar Lights
- Save Money in a Long Run – You should know that solar lights can provide you with renewable energy. Therefore, you can prevent harsh energy bills. However, you need to pay an additional price for installation and purchase, which is an essential factor to remember.
- Simple to Install – Regular electric options require professional assistance because you won’t be able to do it yourself. Therefore, you will need a wiring trench and other things that can be highly expensive. Instead, you can rest assured because you can use solar options to prevent the issues. You should check out the user manual and determine the process of installation.
- Safer – Keep in mind that cells on solar panels feature semiconductors that run in DC voltage. Generally, DC is safe for the human body, while AC is not something you should remember beforehand.
- Save Energy – You should know that conventional lights transfer at least 110V to 220V into a DC voltage. Simultaneously, as a supplier, you will get waist at least ten percent of power, which will affect your overall budget. With solar options, you can rest assured because you can enjoy it along the way. They come with a high luminous effect by using renewable sources of energy. You will get the same brightness for a lower price tag.
By visiting this link: https://www.solarlightingitl.com/blog/, you can learn more about different options available on the market.
- More Convenient – You can also choose innovative control options to deal with solar lights, which is a highly convenient option. Therefore, you will need a mobile app to ensure its efficiency and change its settings wherever you are.
Comments are closed.