We live in a digital age where all businesses, big or small, need to be online, and a website sits at the heart of a brand’s online presence. Also, every website needs a web host, which has made the web hosting industry a potentially growing industry. There are several web hosts offering various hosting plans to site owners around the globe. However, it is the reseller hosting service which has seen an increase in demand in recent years. In this article, we will talk about some practical aspects of reseller hosting and how you can start earning recurring income by becoming a hosting reseller.
But first, some basics for the newbies:
What is Reseller Hosting?
As the name suggests, reseller hosting is a web hosting service where a user buys a reseller hosting plan from a hosting company and then rents out small portions of the bandwidth and disk space to other websites. For the end-users, the reseller becomes the web hosting provider. A reseller can opt for a Windows Reseller Hosting plan or a Linux Reseller Hosting plan.
What about the technical knowledge required for offering hosting services?
It’s the age of DIY (do-it-yourself), and most technical services come bundled with easy to use control panels and tools. The same holds true for reseller hosting as well. You don’t need to be a technical wiz to start offering hosting services to people. There are various easy-to-use tools which help you set up accounts and manage them. The technical support is offered by the parent hosting company. Many successful hosting resellers are non-technical professionals who are good at sourcing clients and servicing them.
So, how does one begin?
How to start a Reseller Hosting business and earn recurring income?
Allow us to take you through a step-by-step guide to help you get started.
- The first and most important step is selecting the right reseller hosting company. Remember, the provider will be offering support to you as well as your clients. Hence, take your time and research well before finalizing. Keep the following points in mind:
- Look at the reputation of the provider. Check reviews and, if possible, talk to some existing clients.
- Highest levels of security
- State-of-the-art infrastructure and high-end hardware for uninterrupted performance
- Technical support available around the cloud all through the year
- Maximum uptime assurance
- Once you have shortlisted hosting providers based on the aspects mentioned above, it is time to compare the reseller hosting plans. You will need to decide between Windows and Linux Reseller Hosting too. Understand the pros and cons of both and choose judiciously.
- Set up your reseller hosting account.
- Create small hosting packages for your clients. Define the size of the packages and the price. You can seek assistance from the parent hosting company to get started with this.
- Start marketing your business.
Create YOUR Brand
When you start a reseller hosting business, you can create a new brand. Your clients will never know about the parent company. For them, you will be the hosting provider. This allows you to create a brand and connect with your clients and prospects in a better manner.
Becoming a hosting reseller is a great way to start earning substantial recurring income. If you take care of your clients and ensure that their website gets the best possible support (technical and non-technical), then they will refer you to their friends and colleagues, and soon you will have clients knocking on your door for your services. Reseller hosting is an amazing business opportunity, and it’s time that you stop thinking and get started!